|Bowl of posole and Star Wars Loteria from my husband's surprise birthday.|
|I went key lime pie crazy... made a coconut cream key lime tart and this avocado, key lime tart.|
|Spent one Sunday on the patio with homemade sangria and playing cards.|
|Went to the unveiling of this Selena mural by artist Sand.|
|There were free tacos, churros and drinks! It was amazing energy and a ton of fun to see. Check out her instagram @sandoner.|
|I spent an afternoon walking DTLA with my dear friend, picked up some plants and made cute arrangements. |
|Pt. One of a date night with my husband.|
|Pt. 2 of date nights with my husband. We watched the 1961 movie Hercules vs. Vampires dubbed with live Opera singers for the dialogue and an orchestra for music, it was fantastic.|
This month was pretty great. Using my Passion Planner to it's full extent, could be a bit better, but I did complete my reflection in a timely manner!
1. This past month has me feeling a complete 10. It was an awesome month.
2. The most memorable part of April was surprising my husband with a surprise party for his 30th birthday. He was completely surprised and went just as planned.
3. This month the biggest lessons I learned were to focus, write, and put in work. I have difficulty focusing. Though I am a great multi-tasker, when I'm faced with a large list of tasks I can get easily distracted between tasks, which in the end can lead me unaccomplished all together. I also need to be better with writing things down that are stuck in my head. I have great ideas, but not for long once they're forgotten. Also writing to de-stress. Putting in work is a, DUH, but it's so easy to get lazy and get caught doing nothing but, uh, watching Netflix and Hulu.
4. My priority towards the end of the month, has become more about DIT&O. And I am really happy about it. Consistency is key, even if no one is here reading, so I'm going to keep going.
5. I think the major difference between March and April is that April was much more productive. I planned my weekends better to actually really enjoy relaxing but still feel like I got things done.
6. I am so grateful for my mom. Though she may not know it, she has really inspired me to continue to be motivated to pursue my creative dreams. She spends her days learning to draw, sketch and paint, and in such a little amount of time has really embraced her natural creativity and inner artist. I'm beyond proud of her.
7. For the month of May, three things I intend to improve on, is to continue to focus on the things that deserve my attention (developing new friendships, blog, personal development), I will make an appointment to talk to a counselor to discuss my higher education and I intend to have better productivity (especially on weekdays, by....
waking up early...).
How are you feeling about your past month and the month ahead? Share in the comments!